Thursday, March 25, 2010

2nd Annual Paws for the Cause

Moms and I had SUCH a grrreat time at the Paws for the Cause 5 kay and 1 mile walk. Since I had never run a 5 kay before, Moms decided to enter us into the walk. I trained long and hard to achieve my goal. It took LOTS of afternoon walkies. I had to focus! I couldn't let myself check pee-mail, say hello to friends, or run through the ditches. After several training walkies, Moms started training me to run along side her.

The morning of race day, Moms got me up and dressed me in my "Captain Awesome" t-shirt. We both ate a light breakfast and loaded up in the car. It wasn't a very long drive, and I'm glad. Long car rides give me the sickies. We all met at this place Moms called, "the square". There was a big builing there with a really nice lawn. Moms let the race people know that we were there. They gave her a bag and a t-shirt. I got treats!! SQUEEE! Moms thought that I needed to warm up, so we walked around the square and the big building there several times. We got back to the start and started to get ready to go. The race was running a few minutes late, so I got the time to meet several new friends.

This is Paco. He is a chi wa wa mix. I thought he looked a lot like Shingo.

Photobucket


Photobucket


There was a cute little doxie there too. She made me think of Molly.


Photobucket


There were LOTS of big dogs there too!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Nigel, are these some of your relatives?!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Then I met a REALLY BIG dog! Moms said his name was Bernard or something.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Bernard really liked us little fellas.

Photobucket


Next, I met a couple that were polly licking for the new mayor.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Tweedles?! Is that you? Maybe a relative then?

Photobucket


Photobucket


After visiting with friends, I was really ready to race. Here's me and Moms posing for our pre-race pics.
Photobucket


Photobucket


The race finally started, and I was SOOO uber excited!! Mom decided that I was doing well enough that we ran the entire mile!!! It was SOOOO much fun!!! I ran like the wind!!! Moms and I were some of the very first dog runners over the finish line too!!! How about that?!! My first race!! Here's my post race picture. I was REALLY thirsty afterwards.
Photobucket


I had so much fun and I did so well, that Moms and I are going to do it again next year. It was a very good cause too. All the money made on the race went to our new spay/neuter clinic. It was a pawsome way to spend the morning with Moms.

Pee Esss: Moms has a little video that she'll post of us crossing the start line later this week.







21 comments:

  1. Hey Buddy, that was really a grrreat time!! I am very much proud of you. I hope the project raised 87 bazillion green papers for that most worthy cause!!! PeeS... you look Marvalous in your teeshirt!! I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooos! Woo were great! I would have loved to do a run like that in my younger days! Mum won't let me now.... even though I try...
    I loved woo shirt! Congrats on doing such a great job fur a great cause!
    ~ Woos and puppy kisses~
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whohoo! What a pawsome race!! You guys did an amazing job!
    Congratulations!!!

    ((hugs)) your friends
    Oskar, Schatzi & Xena

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so very proud of you also! It looked like you were having so much fun, and among the first over the finish line....way to go....you are certainly "Captain Awesome"!!

    Waggles & Chi kisses, Chewy & Lilibell

    Pee Ess We just love the new background and picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your mum did super well.. Hugs congratulations.. It looked like great fun and also raised money too.. Brilliant.. Hugs GJ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a WHOLE MILE RUN! That's soooo awesome!! And also cool you met some new friends. Big dogs are cool too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. To next year and the one after that... So fun! Thank you for sharing with us. I loved the family portraits too. You guys are so in looove :) and it shows. Way to finish among the first!!!
    Twinkie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is that!?! Glad it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on running the entire mile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job from both you and your Mom - congrats on doing the whole mile. And you sure did get to meet lots of furiends. Loved that Bernard guy.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new background - so pretty! I feel like I'm all ready for Easter now!

    Congrats on completing the race! Most impressive! Whenever I take my little chi's for a walk, we always do a full mile. There is a walking path near me that tells how far you've gone which I love!

    That little chi wa wa mix looks just like my Shiver. Only he's a purebred as far as I know.

    This was a great cause, I hope a ton of money was raised! Looks like there was lots of participation and that you made lots of furiends. That's my favorite part of doing things like this - getting to see all the other animals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really glad you had such a good time raising money for a good cause! I'm impressed by your stamina, too!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome walkie for a worthwhile cause. Marge probably wouldn't be able to do something like this, since she's scared of some people and dogs, but I would love to do it with a future dog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is PAWSOME, and it looked like everyone had a lot of fun, too!!!

    Luv,
    Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great day all of woo had fur a pawesome khause!

    That St Bernard surely was a popular pup!

    Thanks fur sharing these great pikhs!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!! What fun, and what a great event to do with mom! Sweet t-shirt, you have spirit!!! Wootwoot!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! That was a pawesome way to spend time with Mom and for a good cause too!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun day with mom!


    Wags and Licks,
    Mollie Jo & Bobo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the one mile walkie is most respectable. I would be totally exhausted.

    So many nice doggies showed up. I think you had fun.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  20. that's a pawsome way to spend a day for a worthy cause....you did well too, congrats!

    you have biiiig hearts too
    chikisses
    coco

    ReplyDelete